If you run a business or a company, there are many types of staff you have to employ to keep operations running smoothly. It is important to know which services you require, and become familiar with the job descriptions in order to find the best people suited for the job. Read on to learn more about material handlers!
Understanding the Role of Material Handlers
Material handlers are in charge of moving, storing, and handling hazardous or non-hazardous materials. They are also known as warehouse associates. They help to move stock, document deliveries, and monitor supplies. Material handlers do not need formal education but they will need on-the-job training.
Material handlers cover a wide range of services. Here is the job scope of material handlers:
- Ensure that incoming delivery matches the purchase order
- Load and unload inventory from the delivery trucks, loading docks, production areas, and storage areas
- Keep cargo in designated locations using pallets and cargo boards
- Handle inventory by recording, identifying, and cataloging the inventory
- Records the number of units moved and handled every day
- Operate machinery such as cameras, cranes, forklifts, and booms to handle materials
- Analyze and pick appropriate products for each client’s order
- Monitor levels of supply and submit purchasing recommendations
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Contact vendors for returns or pick-ups
Benefits of Hiring Material Handlers
A material handler will help to move, handle and store all kinds of materials within a warehouse. They are able to help load and unload different transport items, record inventory and make sure that deliveries match purchase orders. This will allow you to have a clear idea of what inventory you have and what to stock up on. Having a professional material handler will ensure that they are trained and well-equipped to do the job. Hiring efficient workers will make the process easier and smoother. It will also help to reduce costs in the long run.
How Our Material Handler Staffing Specialists Can Help
Finding the right qualified professionals is essential for warehouse staffing. By looking for material handler staffing specialists, you will be able to find the right material handler in no time. The specialists will give you good recommendations to help you lower costs, increase efficiency and promote success. If you are looking for staff to streamline logistics or organize your inventory, do look for material handler staging specialists to help you along in the process.
Why Choose General Workforce?
General Workforce has many years of experience in this industry. We can help to increase your efficiency with less effort. Our team knows how to maximize your business profits and productivity in various areas from logistics to construction work.
We are here to provide you with qualified workers, who are pre-screened and well-trained, to handle any job. We serve many industry leaders who share the same goal of improving customer satisfaction. General Workforce is dedicated to providing you with construction labor at a low cost.
Reach out to one of our material handler staffing experts by calling us at (718) 674-6829 or sending us an email today.